Daylify is an experimental web application that allows users to record their moods on a daily basis.
I wanted to create an easy-to-use web application to practice my skills. Furthermore, I would like to evaluate myself to see how I grow as a person, and to examine the highlights of my journey.
This project uses Vue.js for the UI, and FastAPI for the API which are hosted separately. As for the database, I decided to adopt a NoSQL database using Azure Cosmos DB. This combination of technologies allows me to develop and deploy a workable web application quickly.
FastAPI with Pydantic makes it easier to define models and schemas for the APi wit NoSQL databases. I could not recommend enough.
By using Vue.js framework, I was able to create a simple and intuitive UI with ease. Furthermore, it can easily be set up on GitHub with CI/CD pipline for Netlify.
- Authentication: Users can sign up and sign in using their username and password.
- Note: Users can record their moods on a daily basis.
- Heatmap: Users can view their moods in a heatmap.
- i18n: Internationalization support
- Backend: FastAPI hosted on Azure
- Frontend: Vue.js hosted on Netlify
- Database: Azure Cosmos DB
- Version Control: GitHub
- Container: uvicorn-gunicorn-docker